While many plumbing problems are obvious, there are some that offer only subtle clues that can be difficult to determine. When water leaks are present, they are not always detectable with the eye. It is imperative homeowners know the warning signs to look for so they will know if they have a Water Leak in Tacoma. Prompt repairs of water leaks can prevent expensive damages to a home.
- Mold and mildew are telltale signs of problems with a Water Leak in Tacoma. These fungi thrive in moist environments. If homeowners discover they have a musty smell in their home or spots of mold and mildew, it is important they have their pipes checked for leaks.
- Should a homeowner find they have extensive cracks in their foundation, this can be a sign they have a leak problem. When water is consistently leaking from the pipes, it can weaken the foundation and cause pressure cracks to occur.
- Homeowners who see an increase in their water bill, without increased usage, need to have their pipes checked to see if they are leaking. A leak can cause hundreds of dollars in water bill costs each year.
- A good way to test for leaks is to shut off all faucets and then go outside and check the water meter. If it is continuously ticking, this can be a sign a leak is occurring that needs to be addressed.
- Visually inspecting the areas under sinks, showers, and around toilets can sometimes reveal if leaks are present. Wet spots or increased humidity in these areas can sometimes signal there is a problem with a leak.
Should a homeowner notice any of these signs, it is imperative they seek a plumber to find the cause. Leaks can cause structural damage and mold risks, so it is important they are taken care of promptly.
Call a plumber today and have them inspect your plumbing to ensure no leaks are present. With leak detection services, they can pinpoint the area of your leak so it can be properly repaired. Call today to schedule a service call appointment to be sure your home is leak free.