The senior assisted living arena has come a long way over the past several years and it has transformed into the foremost late-life option for our beloved elders:
- There are upwards of 58,500 regulated long-term care providers spread across the U.S.
- Approximately one million Americans reside in some sort of senior assisted living facility and this number is expected to double during the next decade.
- By the year 2040, the 80+ year-old population is projected to triple, which lends credence to the axiom, “80 is the new 65.”
- More than 75% of today’s senior assisted living residents willingly moved to their current facilities from their own homes or apartments.
- 89% of today’s residents rate their happiness and satisfaction levels as either good or excellent; more than 84% would recommend their facilities to friends or family members.
How to Find the Ideal Accommodation
If you’re ready to start evaluating senior assisted living in Westchester County, NY, it’s important to note that you can hire a professional to facilitate the placement process on a fee-free basis.
The most reputable local advisory teams, such as Oasis Senior Advisors – Westchester County, pride themselves on being able to vet the local landscape and tailor a late-life solution based on the senior’s lifestyle preferences, health care requirements, and desired location, which is a huge boon for concerned families who wish to make the right choice without spending a fortune during the research phase.
How Does the Process Work?
To begin assessing your options at your own pace, you’ll want to follow the progression shown below:
- Make sure that your advisory team is accredited by the VBPA, CSA, and Argentum Senior Living Authority.
- Read through the online information kit and develop a checklist for your initial consultation.
- Meet with your advisor and schedule several site visits to the most suitable local communities.
- Continue consulting with your advisor until you reach a final decision based on the senior’s specific wishes.
- Once you find a desirable community, work with your advisor to complete the registration and move-in process.
You can also like them on Facebook for more information.