Your septic tank is one dirty secret that no one likes to discuss but if you have one, it is one of your home’s most necessary components. Forgetting to attend to this method of waste removal can leave you with unpleasant messes to deal with.
Luckily, there are easy ways to recognize if you need a septic tank pumping in Sorrento, FL.
1. Pooling Water: If your septic system’s drain field has a mini lake, it could mean that it’s overflowing. When a septic tank reaches maximum capacity, solid waste can easily clog the piping system and force liquid to the surface.
2. Slow Drains: Drains that are slow-moving in your home could indicate a legitimate clog. However, if you still notice issues after you’ve taken unclogging measures, you system may in fact be in need of a septic tank pumping.
3. Odors: Your septic system not only collects your household waste but also all of the gray water that derives from doing laundry, washing dishes, and showering. This can create an odorous smell when combined with your toilet’s black water. If you catch a whiff of unpleasant smells, it may be time to call for a service.
4. A Lawn That Is Overly Healthy: Contrary to popular belief, the grass around your septic bed should look the same as the rest of your lawn. If your grass appears surprisingly lush or green in those areas, it could indicate that you need a septic tank pumping.
5. Sewer Backup: Although this only happens in severe cases, a backup of sewage is a surefire sign that your tank has reached capacity.
If you’re in need of septic tank maintenance, don’t wait until you have a mess on your hands. Visit the website domain to learn about septic tank services.