Is your favorite recliner getting all worn out but you don’t want to part with it? Do you have an antique chair that has been in your family for years and it is in need of repair? It may be time to call an upholsterer. Dominic’s Decorating, Inc. of Norwalk, Connecticut does upholstery Stamford, Connecticut. Dominic’s suggests some tips to help you care for the upholstery that you have.
1. To extend the life of your fabric and upholstery, rotate pillows and cushions weekly to distribute wear evenly.
2. Upholstery should be vacuumed weekly to remove loose particles. Your vacuum should have the upholstery attachment and crevice tool to do the job properly.
3. The cleaning of your upholstery should be done on a periodic basis and by a professional upholstery cleaner.
4. To prevent staining, bleeding or otherwise ruining your upholstery, avoid leaving newspaper or other printed material on the fabric.
5. Be very careful when spraying household chemicals or other commercial products near your upholstery to avoid accidental contamination of your furniture.
6. Do not locate your furniture in direct sunlight as this will speed up the fading and aging process of your leather and other fabrics.
7. Rather than spot clean, it is better to have the entire cushion or piece professionally cleaned by an upholstery cleaner in order to ensure the entire fabric will remain uniform.
8. In case of accidental spills, always blot, not wipe or rub, using an absorbent, clean white cloth. Blot from the outside of the spill to its middle to prevent the appearance of rings.
Dominic’s Decorating has a team of skilled upholsterers who will redo, restore and renew your furniture with methods that are time tested and reliable. For your favorite piece of furniture, they have the skills to create a new piece from scratch. Dominic’s Decorating wants to be your dealer for Upholstery Stamford, Connecticut. They also serve the Greenwich, Connecticut area and surrounding areas. You will find everything you need to decorate your home fashionably, from window shades, curtains, blinds, bedspreads and draperies as well as upholstery, they will take care of your every home decorating need.