York or York, International, was once the largest independent manufacturer of air conditioning, refrigerating and heating equipment in the world. It was purchased by Johnson Controls in 2005 in an attempt to successfully merge two potentially mutually beneficial companies. York is still described as one of the largest suppliers of HVAC and HVAC-R systems and solutions. Their company consists of various production segments including one that focuses on the production of components for HVAC-R units, including the York AC compressor.
Today, York continues to design produce and even sell different related products to serve its varied customer base. Among the segmented market it engages are the following:
- Commercial and industrial HVAC and HVAC-R mechanical equipment: Customer base consists of building owners, consulting engineers, developers, governmental agencies and mechanical contractors
- Residential and light commercial HVAC items: Main customers are HVAC products distributors, manufacturers of built homes and mechanical contractors
- Reciprocating and Scroll Compressors: Customers include OEM re-sellers, international representatives and wholesalers
York also manufactures for industrial processing gas-compression equipment as well as its compressors for home and commercial use.
Why Some Professionals Favor a York AC Compressor
York compressors help their products run smoothly and efficiently. In the residential context, the Olympian Series of 2001, established the Twin-Single (TS) compressor as the latest in energy efficient technology. The company has since gone on to produce the advanced air compressor design that is found in the York Stellar Ultra with its two compressors an in the Affinity Series – a split-system in which the internally protected compressor is able to withstand the potential of serious problems caused by high pressure or high temperatures.
This same stability and reliability is also present to a lesser degree in the single-stage compressor in the York XL. It is, however, a constant in the larger commercial projects utilizing York AC systems. They are praised for diverse qualities.
- They offer flexibility
- Their solutions are scalable to the size and structure of the building
- Clients can request customization
The systems also offer the following qualities:
- High performance
- Excellent indoor air quality
- Ambient noise levels
- Superior occupant comfort levels
These results allow York to continue to increase its viability as a company.
The York AC Compressor
York AC systems are featured in many residences across North America. They also are a common installation in institutions, shopping malls, factories and office structures around the world. Compressors are found in the heating and cooling units in such well-known and even famous buildings as the Sydney Opera House and the British Houses of Parliament. At the very core of any AC or HVAC system they produce is the durable and dependable York AC compressor.