Signs You Need a Tax Attorney Instead of a CPA


Dealing with the financial aspects of running a business can be quite difficult. If you are like most business owners, you probably have an accountant to help you make sense of your tax obligations. There may come a time when you need to get the help of a tax attorney to help you with IRS problems. The last thing you want to do is to deal with the IRS without the right legal professionals on your side. Here are some of the signs you may notice when you need a tax attorney not a CPA.

You Have Received a Notice of Deficiency from the IRS

If you receive a Notice of Deficiency from the IRS, chances are you will have to appear in court. While a CPA will probably have the understanding of the tax laws involved in your case, they will not know how to frame an argument on your behalf. Rather than leaving such an important matter to chance, you should hedge your bets by hiring a lawyer to help you out. A tax attorney will be able to fight on your behalf and may be able to get you the favorable outcome needed.

Taking on a Partner

There may come a time when you need additional funding or help for your business. When this time comes, taking on a partner is probably your best bet. Before signing off on any paperwork for this new partnership, you should discuss your options with a tax attorney. They will be able to help you structure this partnership in a way where you can receive maximum tax benefits.

There is a difference between a partnership tax and a corporate tax, which is why working with a tax attorney on these matters is so important. Going in for a few consultations is a great way to figure out which lawyer is the right fit.

Do you need help with small business tax problems. Visit the Uncle Phil’s Tax Advice website or call them at 855-829-8477 to find out how they can assist you. You can connect with them on Facebook for more information!