Helpful Tips on DUI’s from a California DUI Defense Attorney

Law Lawyers

Have you been arrested for drinking and driving in California? If so, the next few paragraphs could give you some critical information for what happens next for you. Brian G. Workman, Attorney at Law, is a California DUI Defense Attorney who has been practicing law for almost 30 years, and he offers the following information, which may save you a lot of headache and heartache concerning your arrest.

DUI/DWI laws vary from state to state, and it is important you understand certain terms and processes in California, especially concerning your arrest and charge for drinking and driving. According to California law, you are in violation of the alcoholic content limit if your BAC is 0.08% or higher and you are 21 years old or older. If you are younger than 21, the BAC limit is anything at or over 0.01%. These DUI laws are not just limited to alcohol but also drugs and medications; for example, cough syrup (which has alcohol), prescription medications and certain ordinary over-the-counter drugs all fall under these regulations.

It is also important to realize your driving record will show a DUI conviction for 10 years, which could drastically affect your work circumstances, particularly if your job involves commercial driving. Not every DUI circumstance is the same, and depending on your age, previous convictions if any, and the type of license you hold, you could face license suspension, installation of an ignition interlock, stiff fines, jail time, community service, DUI school or any combination of these. You do not want to risk your career and reputation in a situation like this. You need to hire the services of a professional attorney who is experienced in DUI law.

The law office of Brian G. Workman works hard to defend your case, and in the mean time, help you secure at least a limited license allowing you to continue traveling back and forth to work. They want you to know that a DUI/DWI is a serious threat to your driving privileges, but if this is your offense, you may be eligible for what is called a diversion program. To learn more about it, contact them at their office in the Corona, California area, or visit their website