It’s important to take your pet to a veterinarian that you can trust for regular wellness visits. It’s also important to have an Emergency Veterinarian Hospital in Bowie in case your pet needs care right away. If you’re unsure if your pet needs emergency care, follow this guide below.
* If your pet sustains any type of trauma, he must be seen by a veterinarian as quickly as possible. This includes broken bones, wounds and bleeding. If your pet only has a minor cut or scrape, it probably isn’t an emergency, but you should still take him to the veterinarian in a timely manner.
* You should make an emergency visit if your pet has eye trauma. If an eye injury isn’t quickly treated, your pet may lose his eyesight in the injured eye.
* If your pet is vomiting or coughing up blood, this is usually the sign of a serious medical problem such as heartworms, a respiratory disease or tuberculosis in dogs.
* Eating or drinking a toxic substance or a poison is life threatening for your pet. Even if he is vomiting up the poison, he still needs to see a veterinarian. Tell your veterinarian what type of poison that your pet ingested so that he can properly treat the animal.
* Your pet can have an allergic reaction to insect stings or bites, which can cause breathing difficulties and swelling. If your pet’s throat swells, it can restrict his breathing.
* Seizures can be caused from several conditions including low blood sugar, epilepsy or a tumor. Your vet will need to determine the cause of the seizure so that he can begin treatment.
* Even though you may not be able to see anything physically wrong with your pet, if he acts like he is in pain, then you need to get help for him. Signs of pain include listlessness, agitation, pacing the floor, whimpering or yelping.
You know how your pet normally acts and if he is showing any signs of discomfort or is just not acting right, you should not hesitate to take him to the Emergency Veterinarian Hospital in Bowie for treatment. GambrillsVeterinaryCenter.com is a full service veterinary clinic providing medical and surgical care for your pet. This clinic also offers dog and cat boarding plus doggie daycare and grooming services.