Would you care if you were missing all your teeth? What about just some of your teeth? Perhaps, you are like millions of people around the world, and you are missing a tooth already? If this is the case, dental implants should be your next move. By seeing an Experienced Dentist In Altoona, you can restore your smile, gaining the confidence you once had.
A dental implant treatment can provide you with a variety of benefits, many of which consist of:
* Recovery of natural jaw function.
* Improves digestion of food.
* Prevents displacement of teeth due to the absence of the missing tooth.
* Stops bone loss (at the site where there the tooth is missing).
* Improved self-esteem and quality of life.
* No surgery means you will have no stitches to worry about.
* Suitable for patients with a small amount of bone.
* The implant is considered a fixed tooth, meaning it will not move.
* The procedure is painless and the results are immediate.
A dental implant is an artificial root made of pure titanium, which is a material that allows perfect osseointegration (adhesion to the bone). Implantation naturally restores the missing tooth (or teeth), restoring them easily. Many people are worried that bone loss will be an issue for receiving implants. In fact, it very well could be. However, if you have a lack of bone, the dental technology of today allows dentists to place an implant no matter the bone mass. This is possible through intervening and restoring bone volume.
You should replace your missing teeth, specifically, for three reasons.
* To stop bone loss.
* To prevent displacement of the other teeth, since the missing tooth acts as a retaining wall.
* Chewing plays a key role in our digestive system. The timely replacement of teeth prevents the organs involved in the digestion of food from going into overtime.
Global statistics indicate a success rate of between 85% and 92% at 30 years and over 95% at 10 years of treatment. The treatment is not painful, because the technique is minimally invasive. Thus, together with appropriate mediation, and the right post-operative care, the entire procedure will be completely painless. If you have any questions or concerns about implants, you should contact your local Experienced Dentist In Altoona immediately.