Compensation a Personal Injury Attorney in Lacey, WA May be Able to Help You With

Lawyers and Law Firms

When you’ve been injured, it’s important to make sure you first get the medical care that you need. If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, however, you may want to speak with a Personal Injury Attorney in Lacey, WA after you have received medical care to see if you medical care and any other expenses due to the injury may have to be paid for by the negligent party. The expenses that may have to be covered include your medical care both short term and long term, loss of work, and pain and suffering.

Medical expenses generally occur in two categories: short term and long term. Depending on your injury, you may have just short term expenses, generally ending when you have fully recovered, or you could have short term emergency bills as well as long term bills for rehabilitation and further medical care due to a permanent injury. These expenses are generally covered by the negligent company because they are a direct result of the injury you suffered due to the other party’s neglect.

Loss of work may also be covered by the negligent party. If you cannot go into work for a period of time, or can never work again, due to your injuries, compensation for the lost work may be something your lawyer asks the judge for. Lawyers such a Personal Injury Attorney at Putnam, Lieb, Potvin in Olympia, WA will not only look at the work you have already lost, but look at what work you may lose in the future.

The third common category for a personal injury case is pain and suffering. While it is hard to put a number on the pain that you suffer from as a result of your injuries, the judge will come up with an amount that he or she thinks is fair. This is not only to cover your pain, but also can serve as a lesson for the negligent party so they do not make the same mistake again.

If you’ve suffered an injury due to the negligence of another person or a business, it’s important that you receive medical care for your injuries and then call a Personal Injury Attorney in Lacey, WA such as Putnam, Lieb, Potvin. They can help you figure out if your case qualifies as a personal injury case and, if so, what compensation you may receive from the negligent person or business.