The purpose of your first visit to an Orthodontics in Fort Myers Florida should be a useful one. Your dentist should inform you if orthodontic treatment is necessary. If it is, he or she must then resolve the issues that are present and/or arise from there on. Choosing a dental professional is important, but there are certain things you can do to help the process easier.
These consist of:
* Noticing the problems present in your teeth and bite, both aesthetically and from a functionally point.
* Ensure the dentist uses the best orthodontic appliances and treatments available. These include: Invisible Orthodontics, metal braces, etc.
* He or she discusses the duration of treatment.
* The cost and/or financing options are discussed.
During the visit, the dentist will conduct preliminary studies in order to provide you with a proper diagnosis and treatment plan, which includes:
* Complete clinical examination: facial, skeletal, dental, periodontal (gum) and articular (joint of the mouth)
* Facial and intraoral photos
* Plaster models or intraoral scanner, if needed
* Two radiographs: orthopantomography and a cephalometric scan (to see the teeth and profile)
Some of the many reasons to visit your local Adult Orthodontics in Fort Myers Florida consist of the following:
* Invisible Orthodontics – Orthodontics of the XXI century are now unseen. With new technology come “Invisalign” clear aligners.
* Orthognathic Surgery – This type of surgery involves the jaw when the problem lies in the bones of the face.
* Dental Aesthetics – Your oral health and smile are two very important things to look after before, during and after treatment. An aesthetic change like whitening, composite or porcelain veneers or crowns, are only as good as the daily maintenance you provide.
* Gum Problems – Periodontal disease affects the gums and bone supporting the teeth, which can prevent mobility and even tooth loss.
* Implants and Orthodontics – In some cases, adults have dental problems with occlusion and esthetics. The only treatment possible is multidisciplinary orthodontics.
For years, Deborah Ruddell D.D.S., P.A has vastly improved its reputation by approaching dental medicine from a direct approach. Patients walk into the clinic and walk out happy. This vital role that dentists take in your oral health care makes a world of difference, especially when you are the one sitting in the dentist’s chair.