If you’ve been attempting to facilitate a constructive late-life discussion with a beloved elder, it’s important to understand that you aren’t alone by any stretch of the imagination:
- More than 80% of the 65-and-over population has yet to deliberate the pros and cons of moving to a retirement home.
- Only about four in every 10 individuals over the age of 55 believe that they’ll require some form of elderly care but almost 70% of retirees will ultimately have to relocate to an assisted living community due to diminishing health or mobility issues.
- As of 2017, more than one million individuals live in some type of senior care center and this number is expected to rise to 3.1 million by the year 2022.
- As the direct result of increased regulations and extensive oversight, more than 75% of today’s elderly care residents would recommend their current facility to a friend or family member.
So when it comes time to initiate this integral conversation, it’s in your best interests to employ a careful, methodical approach and highlight the positives associated with this inevitable transition.
Fortunately, this brief article will help you do just that.
The Benefits of Senior Care Facilities
If you take a moment to evaluate the current landscape of elderly care in Lakewood, NJ, you’ll see that it revolves around providing an autonomous, self-directed lifestyle for our beloved seniors without sacrificing their well-being or healthcare needs:
- Well-appointed living arrangements that include a kitchen, full bath, appealing furniture, and a wide range of appliances
- Round-the-clock medical assistance provided by highly trained nurses, doctors, and caretakers
- Vast array of on-site activities such as ballroom dancing, foreign language classes, book clubs, writing workshops, and countless others
- Maintenance, housekeeping, and meal prep available on demand
- Off-site transportation solutions can be scheduled at any point in time
How to Find the Most Suitable Retirement Home
The easiest and most cost-effective way to ascertain a fantastic local elderly care facility is to schedule an appointment with a renowned late-life consultant such as Oasis Senior Advisors – Lakewood, for instance.
These caring and compassionate specialists will evaluate your family member’s needs, highlight the most appropriate local accommodations, and facilitate the entire placement process without charging your family a single penny along the way. So if you’re ready to help your loved one create a desirable late-life plan, be sure to schedule your initial consultation as soon as possible. You can also like them on Facebook for more information.