As a homeowner, you know the importance of having a strong and secure roof protecting your home. Unfortunately, roofs do not last forever, and can end up becoming damaged and needing replacement. If you are in need of a roof replacement, there are many options for materials. Each of these gives a different look and degree of protection to your home. When deciding on a roofing material, it is important you work with a professional roofing contractor who can give you information on the pros and cons of each option. This will assist you in making an informed decision for your roofing needs.
1. Asphalt shingles are the most popular choice for roofing. This is one of the more economical choices, but it does not give you a long life, like some other choices will. The average lifespan of an asphalt shingle roof is between 15 and 30 years.
2. Another option for your roof is wood shingles. Wood shingles come in different types of wood, with cedar being the most expensive of the options. Wood shingles can last between 30 and 50 years, but can become damaged because of mold and mildew if not properly maintained. Wood shingles typically have inferior fire ratings.
3. If you choose clay or concrete tiles, your roof may need additional support, as these tiles are much heavier than other types. Though they are a more expensive choice, they offer superior fire protection and can block the rays of the sun, keeping your home cooler.
4. Slate tiles are another option, similar to clay and concrete. These must also be installed with extra support and can last for hundreds of years. The main drawback of this option for Roofing Independence Kansas, is it is not recommended for homes in hot climates.
5. Finally, metal roofing has become popular over the last few years because of its reliability and price. These can be crafted in a variety of colors, and are often made from recycled materials. This type of roofing can last fifty years or more.
If you are in need of Roofing Independence Kansas, contact Falcon Roofing for an appointment. They will help you to make a wise decision on which type of roofing material will best benefit your home. Through their expert services, your roof will stay strong and secure for many years to come.