There may be many reasons for a long distance move. You may have received new job offer. Or possibly you or your spouse is attending school in a new location. Of course many other reasons may determine the need to relocate. However, when the time comes to relocate far away from home to a new home, it is important to access the services of reliable long distance movers. Houston is home to many providers capable of handling these long distance relocations.
As well, there are a number of services you should expect to have access to with a long distance moving provider. These may include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Long Distance Moving Services to Expect
- Free estimate
- A single point person of contact
- Property protection
- Personal move management
- Custom designed move planning
- Valuation coverage
- Online move tracking
- Long-term or short-term storage options
- Crating and specialty packing
- Free move preparation and destination information packets
- Warehousing and asset management services
- Claims management for those needing help
- Help with finding a realtor along with a home marketing plan
- Temporary living assistance
- Realtor selection and home marketing plan
- Mortgage and closing assistance
Prior to moving day and at your invitation, a professional representative from the long distance movers will show up and assess the prospective moving project. From his or her analysis, you will have an estimate for the cost of the move.
Moving agencies that have been in business for any significant period of time understand the important of providing solid customer service to their customers. These companies will be responsive to your questions through a single point of contact, a representative from the agency, with whom you can correspond as often as needed about the status of your move.
Before you decide to handle your long distance relocation on your own, take a moment to consider the option of using long distance movers to handle everything for you. It may be a decision that saves you a lot of time and arduous effort.