Crooked teeth look unsightly and can do damage not just to your other teeth and mouth, but to your self-esteem. Wearing traditional braces can also be unsightly and uncomfortable. That’s why more dentists in St. Anthony, MN, Champlin, MN, Maple Grove, MN and other areas across the country are choosing Invisalign braces over traditional ones. Here is an overview of Invisalign braces and its worth:
- Appearance: Invisalign are clear braces that are not immediately noticeable, as metal braces are. Also, with metal braces, food can easily get caught in them, making them even more unsightly. Most people won’t even notice that you’re wearing braces at all. They are much more attractive than traditional braces.
- Removable: Once metal braces are put in place; they must stay on for the duration of treatment. Invisalign braces can be removed for brief periods of time (to eat or drink) and can easily be taken off and put back on; they don’t need to be taken off by a professional.
- Safety: Conventional braces contain bits of metal and wire that can puncture the inside of your mouth and gums. Clear braces are comfortable and smooth, and there is minimal risk of scratching your mouth and gums. Metal braces use quite a bit of force to stay in place, while clear aligners do not. Overall, Invisalign braces are a safer option.
- Duration of Treatment: Those fitted with metal braces can expect to wear them for up to 5 years. Clear aligners take much less time to straighten teeth – usually no more than two years.
- No unpleasant surprises: Dental patients who undergo Invisalign treatment do so with treatment planning that is completely computerized. As a patient, you’ll know exactly what to expect before, during and after treatment. Metal braces are often done on a trial-and-error basis.
Having straight, healthy teeth can be a painless, less stressful process with clear aligners like Invisalign. You can also visit dental offices like Twin Cities Dental or their Facebook page for more information.