A person’s smile has become the universal symbol of hygiene and seduction. The teeth are the key to that smile, and it takes an important place in our social life. However, people have a tendency to neglect them for various reasons. Dentists in NE Minneapolis have played a comparable role for years, and they should be consulted regularly when trying to prevent and treat both minor and major oral problems. Below are some normal questions that are asked when dealing with a dentist.
* Who is the dentist?
* Dentists are there to monitor the health of the mouth, teeth and gums. Their role is to heal as well as prevent dental problems, the main ones being cavities and plaque. They also try to prevent gingival and periodontal disease.
* When should you visit a dentist?
* If possible, your first visit should start from an early age and then go from there. When you are a child, visits should be twice a year until the age of 18 and once a year after that. This allows Dentists in NE Minneapolis a visual inspection to highlight some areas that may have been forgotten when brushing. However, in case of confirmed presence of cavities or gingivitis, care and supervision might be more frequent.
* When is there a need to see a dentist?
* Do not wait for trouble to come to you. Bad breath, tooth sensitivity to hot or cold, an impression of mobility or a food impaction between the teeth and red or swollen gums that bleed are all reasons to see your dentist.
* Who is most at risk?
* All persons whose mouth is more favorable to the development of cavities and gingivitis, including those who wear dentures.
* What happens during the first consultation?
At your first appointment, the dentist examines your mouth carefully in order to diagnose possible cavities and periodontal risk. They will then perform x-rays to further examine the teeth and jawbones. Then will follow a series of questions about your general health: diabetes, hypertension and dental background (tooth loss, receding gums, fragile jaw, etc.).
Finally, the dentist will look at your lifestyle, that is to say, the food and the consumption of tobacco or alcohol habits. Unless there is an emergency, a dentist will not start genuine care at a first appointment. Dentists in NE Minneapolis are there to assist you in any way possible. If you have any questions or concerns, contact your dentist today.