Everyone can agree that having a solid roof over his or her head is a crucial part of his or her home; however, not many people realize when their roofs may need replacing. Here’s how to recognize some of the signs that you need to call a roofing company in McMinnville, OR.
1. Your Roof is Turning 25: A shingle roof constructed out of asphalt should last between twenty and thirty years. If your roof is nearing twenty-five, it may be a good idea to have it looked at by a roofing company.
2. Shingles Are Starting to Curl: Shingles can either cup and turn upward or they can claw, meaning that the middle starts to raise. Both of these conditions are signs of weathering and the potential presence of leaks.
3. Entire Sections of Shingles Are Missing: From a functionality standpoint, there isn’t a problem with replacing a couple shingles here and there. It is difficult, however, to purchase perfectly matching shingles for roofs that were constructed twenty or even ten years ago!
4. Shingles Are Cracked: A cracked shingle is typically due to wind damage. If you notice that just a couple of shingles are cracked, it’s okay to go ahead and replace them. If the cracks start to look severe, you may want to contact a professional roofing company on advice for replacement.
5. You Notice Granules in the Gutter: If you have just installed your roof and you notice that there are a lot of granules in your gutter, you don’t have much to worry about. But if you notice more granules ten or fifteen years down the line, your roof may be deteriorating.
If you have noticed some of these signs on your own roof, it may be time to think about a roof replacement. Contact AGS Construction for a roofing examination and consultation.