No matter how good your battery is for such equipment as forklifts, it is going to experience failure at some point. If you have purchased it from a company with a good follow-up industrial battery service, you should be able to address problems. Below we list several common causes of battery failure noted by professionals working in the business in Minnesota.
Common Problems Resulting in Failure
Several problems can indicate minor to serious problems in the industrial battery. Among the most common are:
- Broken Separator: This can produce short circuiting
- Improper Recharging: This frequently results in sulfation
- Corrosion: Regular annual maintenance should include the washing and rinsing of the battery.
- Quick Discharge: The result of this can be an exchange in polarity
- High Temperature: If the temperature is either high or is inconstant, the battery can fail to operate optimally
- Damaged Case: This can produce various internal problems and compromise the integrity of the battery as well as the safety of the operators of the machinery
- Lack of Maintenance: Once the label of low or no-maintenance is slapped on a battery; people tend to ignore care of a battery. This can prove to be a very costly mistake. Even the most durable and maintenance-free battery requires taking care of. To ignore such basic needs as washing and cleaning, to name a few is to decrease the potential life span of the battery
An industrial battery service company can handle these and other types of maintenance issues to decrease the instances of industrial battery failure. If you do want to reduce the need for their services, consider consulting them online in Minnesota about the thorough training of staff in battery care, maintenance, and repair.
Industrial Battery Service
If you operate industrial equipment, consider the wisdom of hiring an industrial battery service company. They can perform annual maintenance and repairs. They can also help train your operators and maintenance personnel in proper preventive actions.