It is imperative homeowners inspect their roof at least once a year and after major storms to ensure no damage has occurred. Most roofing contractors encourage homeowners to have the professionals come out for an inspection to ensure no damage is present that needs to be repaired. With this information, homeowners will know the steps they need to take to make sure their Roofing in Gig Harbor is fully checked so they can know if any areas need to be repaired.
These steps need to be carried out in the inspection process:
- A homeowner needs to walk around the exterior of their home to see if they notice any major signs of damage, such as sagging. Homeowners should take note of any areas they notice from the ground level so they can be further inspected.
- Homeowners should check to make sure there are no areas with heavy moss or algae growth since these are notorious for causing damage and leaks.
- If the roof is shingled, homeowners need to make sure they inspect the shingles to make sure there are no bald areas or curled or buckled shingles. Damaged shingles need to be promptly replaced.
- Homeowners need to also check their gutters and downspouts to ensure they are in good working order. Gutters are an important part of the roofing system and if they are not working properly, this can lead to water damage.
- While checking the gutters, homeowners should look for massive amounts of granules inside. This means the shingles are aging and need to be replaced.
- If possible, a homeowner should use a ladder to get closer to their roof so they can check the flashings. The metal flashings are the most common area to become damaged and can lead to leaks.
With these tips, checking the Roofing in Gig Harbor will be much more effective for a homeowner. Inspecting the roof on a regular basis will allow homeowners to rest assured their roof is in good shape. If issues are found, they can be repaired promptly so further damage does not occur and begin to degrade the sturdiness of the roof and diminish its protectiveness.