With so many tragic school shootings in recent years, the debate on gun control has gotten hot and heavy. The debate over whether Americans should have the right to firearms in Amarillo has even caused fights to break out in the streets. Some say that people have the right to bear arms and given them by the second amendment of the constitution. Others say that guns are killing America’s youth and that right needs to be taken away.
There are pros and cons to both sides of the debate as to whether you should have the right to carry Firearms in Amarillo; you can find a few of them below.
The Pros of Owning Guns
* It is every American’s right under the second amendment of the constitution to bare firearms in order to protect themselves, their family, and their property.
* According to statistics, violent crime tends to go down when people are allowed to carry guns legally.
* Banning guns will only keep honest people honest and put them in danger. Even with gun control, the criminal’s will still have them, making it impossible for honest people to protect themselves.
* Guns don’t kill people, people kill people is a saying that has been around for years and is never more true than it is today.
The Cons of Owning Guns
* According to statistics, many of the guns that are used in school massacres were guns that were gotten legally. People who believe in stricter gun control think that having stricter laws could have prevented these tragedies.
* Stricter gun control laws are said to be put in place to protect children and families. Some statistics state that an average of eight children a day in America are shot and killed every day, whether it is intended on an accident.
These are just a few of the pros and cons or owning guns on each side of the debate. No matter which side of the debate you fall on, you should always practice gun safety when you are around anyone, especially children. Lock up your guns when not in use, preferably in a safe with a combination that only you have access too.