Taking a vacation at the beach can be so fun and exciting. There are so many amazing things to see and so much delicious food to eat while you soak up the sun and enjoy the gorgeous ocean view. But in the midst of planning all the great things you will do on your Myrtle Beach family vacations make sure that you don’t forget some important things to ensure that your trip is a success.
1. Don’t Forget the Sunscreen – anytime you are out in the sun it is important to wear sunscreen to protect you from the harmful UV rays of the sun. But protection against the sun is even more important when you are at the beach. Even if it is cloudy or overcast sunscreen is incredibly important for the safety of your skin. Also remember that any time you have been swimming or sweating you need to reapply the sunscreen. Don’t forget sensitive areas like the ears, back of the neck, top of your feet and the tip of your nose.
2. Look for Bargains – there is nothing wrong with trying to save some money while you are on vacation. Try to find restaurants that let kids eat free with a paying adult and pack a lunch and some healthy snacks when you go to the beach for the day to cut back on how much you are spending on beach foods.
3. Make Time for a Sunrise – while most people enjoy sleeping in while on vacation you need to make time at least one day to catch the sun rising up out of the ocean. It is a beautiful sight to behold and will get your day off to a fantastic start and it is free. You can always take a nap on the beach later in the day.
4. Don’t Overextend Yourself – there are a lot of attractions that you might want to take advantage of during your Myrtle Beach family vacation but don’t try to do so much that you get overly tired. One of the points of a vacation is to relax and spend time together as a family. Pick a few of the things that you really want to do and make a point to see or do those things. The rest is not as important as you having quality time with your family in a relaxing atmosphere.
5. Bring Cheap Sunglasses – the sun can be especially harsh at the beach but you don’t want the salt and sand to ruin your nice pair. So buy a cheap pair to wear on vacation and save your expensive sunglasses for back home.