Taking care of an air conditioner can dramatically improve its function, prevent breakdowns, and prolong its life. It is important a homeowner knows how to properly care for their system so they can protect their investment and keep their home cool and comfortable, even during the hottest months of the year. With this information, homeowners can rest assured they are properly caring for their Air Conditioner in Appleton WI.
There are several steps homeowners can take to protect their air conditioner and keep it working properly:
- Homeowners who want to ensure their system is operating properly will need to make sure they change their filters often. Ideally, homeowners should change their filters every thirty days, or more often if they become overly dirty.
- If the fins of an air conditioner are bent, the air flow can be impeded. Thankfully, there is an easy method for homeowners to fix their coils. A fin comb can unbend the fins and keep them open.
- Once a month, it is a good idea for a homeowner to pour a small amount of vinegar inside their condensation drain pain and weeping line, so no buildup of mold and mildew gunk occurs. This will keep the system draining properly.
- Homeowners need to also make sure they keep their registers and ducts as clean as possible. These should be vacuumed out once a month and deep cleaned by a professional HVAC specialist once a year.
- During the winter, it is a good idea to cover the air conditioning unit outside, so it is not exposed to harsh winter weather. There are special covers that can be purchased or homeowners can ask their HVAC professional for advice.
With these methods, homeowners can rest assured they are properly maintaining their Air Conditioner in Appleton WI. If you are in need of maintenance, repair, or installation services for your air conditioning system, contact Four Seasons Heating & Cooling. They will be happy to provide you with the superior services your system needs so it can properly cool your home all summer long. Call them today to learn more about the services they provide.