It is important for individuals taking prescription drugs and supplements to stick to a well-planned and consistent schedule. Taking medication at the wrong time, in an incorrect combination or missing doses is potentially detrimental to health and often leads hospital trips. Here are five tips for medication management in Lititz PA to help you properly administer a prescription and supplement regimen.
1. Organize your medication properly : Proper organization is a key factor in managing prescription medication. A simple way to keep track of your daily medication dose is to use a pillbox organizer. This type of pillbox has a compartment for each day of the week. It saves you time and effort since you only have to portion out medication once per week.
2. Store your medication safely : It is always best to keep your medications stored together in a cool and dry place, however, be sure to read the details of each prescription. Certain medications require refrigeration to maintain their potency.
3. Stick with one pharmacy : Whenever possible, maintain a continuous relationship with a single pharmacy for the best medication management. When you develop a relationship with a pharmacy and its staff, it is easier for them to keep track of your changing prescriptions and give you helpful advice if any adverse issues come up.
4. Educate yourself about medications : It is important for anyone taking medication to find out as much as possible about what they are taking and how it affects the body. Always read prescription instructions carefully before beginning a course of medication and consult your doctor or pharmacist if you experience any discomfort or side effects.
5. Set up a schedule : Consistency is an important factor in medication effectiveness. Set and maintain a consistent schedule for taking your daily medication. It is very helpful to keep a list of prescription and non-prescription medications, along with the proper dosage for each and the time that you should take it.
Use these simple tips for medication management in Lititz PA. Carefully adhering to the medication regimen prescribed by your doctor is important to ensuring your health and safety. Managing your medication properly reduces the chances of complications related to incorrect administration.